Evacuation of children in orphanges, foster care from Ukraine
Working together with international organizations offering all sorts of aid, The ‘Happy Kids’ Foundation aims at constructing humanitarian bridges, enabling the provision of care in different European Union countries for a part of the rescued victims.
The ‘Happy Kids’ Foundation was also supported by the world’s biggest initiative of the United Nations mobilizing a well-balanced business: UN Global Compact Network, which not only organizes entities from the private sector to provide long-term support, but also reacts in current crisis situations.
The process of evacuating thousands of Ukrainian children from orphanages and foster care by The ‘Happy Kids’ Foundation, on one hand consists of:
- locating orphanages, foster families or other forms of foster care, which require immediate evacuation from Ukrainian territory affected by war,
- providing support in transportation to the border between Poland and Ukraine,
- efficient pickup of the evacuated children from the collection points on the border crossings on the other hand it consists of:
- obtaining living places, which enable at least a mid-term stay, will fulfil proper housing requirements and are ready to meet the needs of the evacuated groups in order to provide them with living conditions that are not lower standard than they are used to,
- cooperation with local governments in the field of locating the war victims with the observance of required procedures regarding support and supervision,
- organisation of transport nationwide,
- continuous observation of the children in new living places through maintaining a relationship with the organisers of these establishments and supporting each step these undertake to minimise the effects of the international humanitarian crisis,
- providing all essential types of aid, including: psychological, medical and legal.
The intensity of military operations and the cruelty of the Russian aggressor against Ukrainian civilians makes our actions focus on saving as many children as possible – in the shortest possible time. It is worth noticing that we are dealing with remarkably fragile and vulnerable human beings, which makes the process of evacuation even more challenging and requires particular abilities.
The ‘Happy Kids’ Foundation’s long-time experience, expertise in the field of foster care and effective response while facing humanitarian crises combined with international connections with organisations dedicating their actions to children’s welfare, makes it possible for the Foundation to take subsequent steps leading to the development of a systemic solution to the children’s of war issue: creating a model, that relies on viable, long-term and holistic children care, especially through the involvement of public services – social workers as well as specialised non-governmental organisations.
The ‘Happy Kids’ Foundation makes use of its over 20-year-lasting experience and knowledge regarding provision of comprehensive support to disadvantaged and abandoned children, among other means, by organizing small, cosy but primarily friendly Family-based Children’s Homes established to improve those children’s life quality and pave them the way for all-encompassing development. We have, among other things, accomplished the creation of 17 Family-based Children’s Homes, which is the proof for the fact that by a systemic approach it is possible to enduringly alter children’s fate so that in the future they will be able to function on equal terms with their peers.
The donations will be allocated for both the immediate needs – transport, food, cleaning products, clothes, and secondary medical treatment, psychological therapy or legal care.
PL 14 1160 2202 0000 0000 3342 4618
PL 49 1160 2202 0000 0002 5124 7673
PL 95 1160 2202 0000 0001 7895 0029
PL 93 1160 2202 0000 0004 5979 4068